Thursday, May 9, 2013

Done.

I am DONE with my second year of law school. 2/3 of the way there! Everyone says that 2L is the year they "work you to death," and I don't know whether that's true or not, but I can honestly say that I've worked harder this last semester than I ever have in my life, with the possible exception of my last couple months of college when I was finishing my thesis. So I feel good about being done and good about what I've accomplished, and I am promising myself not to stress out about grades. At least not yet. I won't get them for at least a month anyway, so I might as well enjoy being blissfully unaware. Besides, I feel good about my performance on all my exams, and that's what matters at the moment.

Yesterday was my chores and errands day, and suffice it to say that I got my to-do list down from three pages to one by this morning: pay credit card bills, do laundry, turn in various forms to various people, return rented textbooks at UPS, clean, donate stuff to Goodwill, return library books, catch up on emails, etc.

And now I have 11 days of a hard-earned vacation before I start work. First stop: Chicago to see Lauren! Lauren and I were roommates for two years at W&L (I know, same name. It got confusing for people). But I have not seen her since a couple months after graduation--almost two years--and I absolutely cannot wait.

You know you're a real adult when you're flying into O'Hare airport by yourself and your mother isn't entirely freaking out. (Or maybe she is and just hasn't said so). I'll be sure to post pictures when I come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?