Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Prayers for You

Well I was planning to get to school at 8am this morning and get things done, but that totally did not happen as I slept in till 8:15. I needed the rest, though . . . and I can get back to my agenda soon enough. I've been reading this book by Mark Batterson called The Circle Maker , and it is amazing! He is the pastor of National Community Church in the DC area, and the book is about prayer, but it's unlike any other book on prayer I've ever read before. It is so full of Biblical truth written in such a fresh, insightful, inspiring way. I couldn't recommend this book any more highly. I have a feeling that as I continue to read it, I may have to post some more quotes from it, but this is a part I read last night that really spoke to me:

"Long before you woke up this morning and long after you go to sleep tonight, the Spirit of God was circling you with songs of deliverance. He has been circling you since the day you were conceived, and He'll circle you until the day you die. He is praying hard for you with ultrasonic groans that cannot be formulated into words, and those unutterable intercessions should fill you with an unspeakable confidence. God isn't just for you in some passive sense; God is for you in the most active sense imaginable. The Holy Spirit is praying hard for you." --Mark Batterson

What an amazing reminder of the truths of Romans 8--the Holy Spirit constantly intercedes for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?