Friday, June 1, 2012

Summer Reading List


Happy Friday! This weekend I want to 1) watch way too many episodes of Big Bang Theory and 2) sit by the pool and read. Here are some books on my list for the summer:
  • Under the Tuscan Sun and A Year in the World by Frances Mayes
  • Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
  • The Pelican Brief and The Firm by John Grisham
  • Lone Wolf and Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult
  • Musicophilia by Oliver Sacks
  • Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
  • The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel by Deborah Moggach
  • The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
  • The Help by Kathryn Stockett
  • St. Augustine's Confessions
  • The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns
  • The Unlikely Disciple by Kevin Roose
  • Knocking on Heaven's Door by Lisa Randall
  • Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder (I read this in high school but it's definitely worth a second read)
  • Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell
  • The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
I have to get totally caught up on all my pleasure reading now because I know that I probably won't have time to do it once school starts. I find that if I'm not reading, I can't write anything decent either because I lack inspiration. So for me, the best way to beat writer's block is actually to go read a book. I doubt I'll get to everything on this list (especially considering that some of these have already been on my list for forever) but I can at least give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?