Thursday, April 25, 2013

No Condemnation

I was reminded of this verse today and want to share it with you: "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." (Romans 8:1). None. Nothing. NO condemnation. So if your heart and mind seeks to condemn you and keep you enmeshed in guilt and regret, remember that you stand in a place of freedom in Christ and you are not condemned. You are not bound by guilt. You have a clean slate, a robe of righteousness. You don't need to strive and labor anymore to please God or to be right with God, because if you are in Christ, you already please God because you are clothed with the righteousness of Christ and bought with his blood. He has made you worthy, and if God himself doesn't condemn you, it's a pretty fair assumption that no one else can either! No condemnation, because in Christ you are set free. And because of this truth, we are more blessed than we could ever even grasp.

Since I am not condemned, I will not live as if I am. I refuse to live as if my past defines me, as if my mistakes define me, as if guilt and regret can ever have the final say in my life. I refuse to live defeated. Instead I choose to live in this beautiful truth, that I am in Christ, and that Jesus commands my destiny, and that in him alone, I am not condemned now, nor will I ever be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?