Monday, April 15, 2013

Praying for Boston

There are just no words for what has happened in Boston today. To think that something as exciting and fulfilling as finishing the Boston Marathon had to be shattered by a senseless act of violence makes me sad and angry. To think that my sister and I have talked for years about running that very race, and if we had more seriously pursued that goal, we may have been there today, makes me so thankful that that's one goal I haven't achieved yet. And then I feel angry all over again for what these people have had to experience today, people who DID meet their goal of finishing the race. It's cruel and unfair, and such is the world we live in. The pain that some people are willing to cause others never ceases to amaze me.

I don't really have a response to all this, only that it makes my heart ache for heaven just a little bit more. And I want to be able to declare these truths over my life and over the broken world I live in:
"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.' The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. . . . He will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. ~Lamentations 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?