Friday, April 26, 2013

Finals Time

As of yesterday, I am FINALLY done with classes, so I have a full, undisturbed day to prepare for exams today. It is such a relief to be done because by the last couple weeks of the semester, you get to the point when all you want to do is actually study for your exams, but every time you sit down to get something done, you have another class to go to. So, classes are done done done and it feels so good.

I have today, tomorrow, and Sunday to prep for a whirlwind week of exams. Monday at 9am I get a copy of my statutory law take-home final, which is due at noon Tuesday and requires me to write a 12-page motion to dismiss (oops! don't know how to do that) based on statutory provisions I'll be given. I've been told to expect it to take me by far the better part of the 27 hours I have to take it. So, Tuesday afternoon will be last-minute studying for my exam in wills, trusts, and estates, basically described like this: 9 short answer questions, average of 15 topics that have to be discussed in each short answer, plus 3 long essay questions, average of 30-40 topics that have to be mentioned in each, all in 3 hours. (Not exaggerating about the topics, by the way--the short answer we discussed in class had 15 components--you need to talk about testamentary freedom, default takers, incorporation by reference, revocable trusts, the intestacy statutes, transfers to minors, ERISA, the advance directives, custodian accounts, and the pension plans, among other things. Don't know what all that stuff is? Well, neither do I, so it's all good.) Then a week from today I have my domestic relations exam. That's a little more run-of-the-mill, with everything about marriage, divorce, child support, custody, alimony, etc., but it has its own challenges (anybody know what the putative spouse doctrine is? How about condonation? Or a qualified domestic relations order?) Then after that exam, it's on to studying intellectual property like there's no tomorrow because I haven't exactly kept up with that material over the term. That one is on May 7th, May 8th I'm revising my appellate brief for writing group all day, and then I will be DONE and flying to Chicago to see one of my college BFFs. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?