Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Halfway There

2 exams down, 2 to go! I finished my take-home exam for statutory law yesterday and it was HARD. It was probably the most comprehensive, integrative written work I've done so far in law school, incorporating statutory provisions, administrative regulations, contract law, constitutional law, procedural rules, and a whole lot of other stuff in one 12-page motion for my hypothetical client. Then this morning I had my final for wills, trusts, and intestate succession. The questions themselves weren't hard exactly, but it was literally impossible to finish in 3 hours. I don't think anyone finished. We had 9 short essays and three long essays, and those just aren't all getting done in a 3-hour period. This one didn't really seem to be about how much you knew so much as how well you could strategize to earn the most points in the least amount of time--so a couple of the harder questions or issues I pretty much skipped over entirely. I figured if I wasn't going to have time to finish anyway, I'd rather spend my time answering the questions that I was sure I had the right answer to.

So anyway, after my 4:14am bed time last night (and 6am wake-up call today), I am pretty pooped. I tried to take a nap this afternoon but it was one of those "too tired to sleep" occasions and it didn't really work out. I should be studying right now for domestic relations but I just can't look at another book right now. So, I'm aiming for a good night's rest tonight and starting fresh tomorrow. Maybe if I study really hard in the morning I'll take myself out to a movie tomorrow afternoon. A girl's got to have a break once in awhile, right?

And blog readers, this is a really random addendum to this rambling post but I just want to take this chance to tell you all how much I really appreciate you all. I know who some of you are, and others I don't know. But I'm so grateful that you let me share this crazy law school life with you and that you keep coming back to read my posts. It is my hope--and in fact my prayer--that my musings on life and what God is teaching me during this season in my life will reach you when and how you may need them, and will be a blessing to your life. Thank you for reading!

I have set the Lord always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will NOT be shaken.
 --Psalm 16:8



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?