Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Independence Day!

Happy 4th, everybody! I hope everyone has had a great holiday and time to spend with friends and family. I spent most of the day sitting by the pool with Christiane, Geoff, and Ashley, laughing and laughing, eating ribs and corn and potato salad and apple pie, and watching fireworks by the lake. Can't get much more American than that! I so, so needed this time. I was really worried about taking a substantial break from studying because I only have about three weeks left and I feel guilty when I'm not working because there is so much more than I could ever learn in 3 weeks, even if I worked pretty much 24/7. And we're close enough to the big event that trying to relax often makes me feel anxious and jittery, like I feel during my law school final exams. But it was definitely the right decision to take most of today off, because I seriously feel like a new woman now and so refreshed. I've been running on fumes for the last week or so and didn't even realize it. And now I actually feel ready to work again. I'm going to watch a movie and go to bed (which will be amazing, because I pretty much haven't watched TV/ movies all summer). Good night y'all and enjoy your holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?