Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fading Glimpses of Summer

I have to be back at school on August 9th for some orientation activities before classes actually start, so I just realized that I have basically only four weeks of summer left. Like, what??! I'm not even sure how that happened--this summer has flown by. These next few weeks feel a lot like the calm before the storm . . . brief moments of rest before I dive into a crazy school schedule again!

I'm not sure I'm quite ready for school to start again . . . in the past 2 months I had temporarily forgotten how intense law school can be. I was chatting with one of my classmates earlier today and I told her that I know I need to relax in these final few weeks of summer, but at the same time I feel a sense of urgency to do all the things I know I won't have much time to do once classes begin (like pleasure reading, spending time with friends, etc.) But I also have planned to take a vacation the first week of August, go home and see my family, and do little more than sit on the couch and watch the Olympics, so I know I'll have some time for rest & relaxation then!

This upcoming year will probably be very different from my 1L year. For one thing, I have some choices in what classes I take, whereas last year we all had to do the same set of required introductory courses. This fall, I will be taking civil lawsuits, evidence, legal writing II, and a seminar on bioethics and the law. I will also be doing Law Review, so I'm really looking forward to that opportunity. I am going to continue working part-time in the admissions office, and I'm also hoping to remain involved with some of the student organizations I joined last year. I know I will be really busy, but I'd rather be busy than bored any day! Looking forward to a good school year . . . but I'm going to savor a few final weeks of summer first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?