Sunday, January 20, 2013

Weekend Recap.

This weekend has been incredibly busy so I'm really glad that I have tomorrow off thanks to Martin Luther King Jr. Friday afternoon, I got together with one friend for a coffee date and a conversation we'd postponed for far too long. It was much-needed and therapeutic, I think, for both of us. Then I went to dinner with another friend and we went to go see Silver Linings Playbook (I've got to say, all the hype about this being the "best movie ever made" is false in my opinion--I'm afraid I totally hated it, but overall, it was still a fun night)!

Yesterday I was busy pretty much all day with our school's ABA client counseling competition (more about that later) and law review stuff. This morning, I went to a really amazing church service. Lately I've started going to a different church than the one I'd been attending for most of my time in law school, just needing a change and to look around more because I chose my first church almost immediately, without seeing what else was out there. I've only gone to this church a few times and don't really know people there yet or anything, but I really love the services. There is a spirit of pure JOY in that congregation that is almost tangible, and I really can't get enough of it. When I'm around people like that, I never want to leave. In many ways, it's kind of a foretaste of what I think heaven will probably be like.

Then I went grocery shopping on my way home from church (never realized how BUSY Kroger is at 1:00 on Sunday afternoons), came home and rested/ watched TV for awhile, went to the gym, cleaned my apartment, and made these really tasty spinach, onion, and goat cheese stuffed meatballs with a cranberry barbeque sauce, which I had with whipped sweet potatoes. I usually do all my cooking for the week on Sunday and Monday nights so I don't have to come home at 7pm every single weeknight and still have to worry about making dinner, so I'm probably going to do a little more cooking yet tonight. I'm also on a campaign to use up all the food in my fridge/ not waste anything, so right now I'm making a miniature apple tart with salted caramel sauce to use up the last two apples I have that are just slightly past their prime. I'll have to see how that turns out . . .

I'm not sure yet whether to totally take a break tomorrow or to use the day to get caught up on things--or maybe a little bit of both. I hope you all are enjoying your weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?