Saturday, February 16, 2013

Rest Day.

This is my first day "off" in two weeks and I am already *loving* it. That may not seem like a long time, but trust me, it feels like a long time! I've been going full speed ahead and having long days of work, classes, studying, meetings, competition practices, errands, and editing projects. Every time I "skip" a weekend and don't get a chance to breathe because I'm too busy, I'm reminded that there is definitely a reason why we're not supposed to go more than 7 days without stopping to rest! Have a Sabbath, if you will. A pause, a chance to be still.

Last night was my first full night of sleep in about as long and I feel SO refreshed this morning. I really can't function for too long on 3-4 hours of sleep a night, but that's exactly what I've been trying to do. This week I was assigned a manuscript to edit on Wednesday that was due yesterday, which was a much quicker turnaround than usual, and my Moot Court team is scrambling to get our brief completed in the next couple days. But I have to meet those deadlines whether I get to sleep or not, so I just have to do what I can!

But anyway, today is my day to go to the gym, clean, run errands, do some healthy cooking for the week, etc. And I'm taking myself out to a movie matinee this afternoon because I feel like treating myself a little bit! And in case you're wondering the results of this week's fitness challenge: mile run in 11:50. I know--that's worse than last week and this could get really embarrassing if my time keeps going up instead of getting better! But next week is a new week and I'm determined to keep working on it. I could have just been not feeling up to it this week.

OK, I'm off to go make my new favorite salad ever for lunch--spinach, lemon-butter salmon, goat cheese, strawberries, blueberries, and almonds, topped with a lemon juice/ olive oil/ honey dressing. SO good. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?