Sunday, March 9, 2014

Pictures from the Last Two Months

So, as the title of this post suggests, this is pretty much my life in pictures since January!

Beautiful flowers that Jennifer and Carl gave me!


Lots of fun times in Seattle! My team didn't do incredibly well in the Moot Court competition itself, but the other team from my law school did great and is going to nationals in Chicago in April, so we are cheering them on! Because basically we're all on the same team anyway. And even though I can't take any credit for it because I'm not on the winning sub-team of 3, this is the first time in my law school's history to ever make it to nationals in this particular competition. So we all kind of felt like we were making history. We stayed in downtown Seattle and toured Pike Place Market, the original Starbucks store, the bay area, and a whole lot more. 

This is the iconic Seattle "Space Needle":


The courthouse where we gave oral arguments, the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington. This was my first time ever arguing in a federal court. And even though this was bittersweet because it was my last time to ever do Moot Court, the next time I argue in a federal courthouse, it's going to be for a real client. Which is kind of awesome too. 













This is exactly what it looks like . . . that wall is covered in GUM. As in, people's previously chewed gum. Kind of nasty, but also a definite Seattle landmark!



The beautiful downtown skyline:





Weekend DIY project: painting an old and boring white dresser blue, complete with before and after pictures






Pictures from Barrister's Ball 2014 held last night, aka "law school prom"! (Maybe the best part of this is that I got that dress yesterday at a consignment store for $12).





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?