Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Latest . . .

In the past week, I have flown across the country and back, competed in a Moot Court competition at the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington (located in downtown Seattle--official Seattle post coming soon), edited multiple law review manuscripts, and a lot more. And now, I'm sitting on my couch watching some High School Musical, and pondering the Very Important Question of whether I will be too old to watch High School Musical when I am a official licensed attorney! (My stance on the issue: you're never too old.)

I also got some super exciting news this week, and I'm dying to tell you all about it but I can't just yet. Just stay tuned for the best blog post ever, hopefully in a month or less when, if all goes well, I will get to tell you all some of the amazing stuff God has been putting together in my life in the past month. Suffice it to say that I think 2014 is going to be THE YEAR. The year of the Lord's favor, a redemptive year, and a year of great blessing. That's what I'm believing God for right now. I am in awe of God all the time, folks. He works in truly amazing, mysterious ways, and He cares about each one of us so much that He is even more deeply invested in our goals, dreams, and well-being than we are.

I'll admit that I've become a little bored with normal law school stuff and am ready for my future to just get here already, ready to move, and ready to start the next step. I like this city a lot, but it's not where I plan to live next year, and I'm kind of hoping I can move right after graduation and just get a jump start on my new life, although I may not be able to afford to move until after the bar exam. But graduation is 71 days away, so it's coming up really fast. In fact, I just bought my cap and gown last week, and I really need to design and send some graduation invitations to friends and family. Thinking about moving and things like that still feels a little weird, because sometimes it still hasn't sunk in that I am a full-fledged adult, with my own money and emerging career, and I can live in whatever state or city I want to live in and I don't have to ask anybody for permission to relocate (in my book, one of the huge advantages of being single . . . ) I am a fiercely independent and adventurous person, so I cannot wait to get started on the next phase of life and dive into what I've always perceived as normal adulthood--working, going out to happy hour, going to the gym, volunteering on weekends, etc. I can't wait to look for a new apartment, find a new church, and have fun exploring a brand-new place.

Anyway, that's all for now. I will write more about Seattle soon, hopefully with pictures, as soon as I can get my camera to actually upload photos to my computer. Looking forward to my first day off in a LONG time tomorrow. Happy weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?