Sunday, May 20, 2012

Best. Weekend. Ever.

My visit to Washington and Lee was so amazing! I was so nostalgic the whole weekend--sometimes I can't believe I ever left! I was thinking about going to law school at W&L, but I chose not to because other opportunities came up and I worried that I might get bored or feel stifled by being in the same small town (Lexington, VA) for seven years. But as soon as I stepped on campus on Thursday night, I felt like I was "coming home" and like I had never left this beautiful campus:



I stayed at the off-campus house where I lived my senior year and got to see a couple of my old roommates (who are seniors now). I went out for Mexican food and margaritas with them Thursday night, and we talked and talked and got caught up on everything.

Friday was such a fantastic day. I got to see and have wonderful conversations with so many people that are so precious to me, who I haven't seen in at least a year. It was so great to share with these sweet friends what the Lord has been doing in my life and to hear about their lives as well. I also got to catch up with some old professors, which was really nice. I walked around campus a lot checking everything out and trying to satisfy myself that it was, indeed, just like the place I graduated from a year ago. (I am convinced that stuff at the bookstore is just as expensive as it was a year ago!) I got to read the latest issues of the school paper, the Ring-Tum Phi, check out the renovations on Washington Hall, go to the gym, etc.

Saturday morning, I had plans to meet my friend Laura at Lexington Coffee Shop, called "Lex Co" by the locals. While we were getting ready to order, in walks Sarah, one of my dear friends who I have not seen for 2 whole years. She graduated the year before me--this was her first trip back to Lex since. She had just gotten in to town a few minutes before. We had totally not planned to meet up there, and I had to leave less than an hour later--I still can't believe we crossed paths at just the right time, in just the right place. The three of us and a couple other friends ended up having this totally joyful reunion in the coffee shop, talking and laughing and sharing stories from our lives. It was so great. I didn't want it to end.

I got to see so many wonderful people who are so important to me, and have amazing conversations and laughter--the kind that is just good for the soul. So that was my best weekend ever!

I drove back to NC yesterday, spent the night with my parents, and then drove back to GA this afternoon (I've driven 1000 miles in the last 10 days, so I'm ready to stay put for awhile!) Some of you have been wondering about my summer plans now that school's out. I am staying here in GA and working at the admissions office of the law school, which I think I will really enjoy. I may be able to also work out some part-time hours interning with an attorney here in town. I start work tomorrow, so I'm excited about that. Hoping for a good summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?