Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Looking Back . . .

Today, I turn 23. I'm thinking towards the year ahead and also reminiscing on the year that has past. A year ago today, I was studying abroad in Costa Rica (and actually, that feels like a lot longer than a year ago). I miss being able to hang out on Costa Rican beaches like this one:



And in the year since then, so much has changed and happened in my life. After I got back to the states, I had a summer job for a couple months, then moved down to GA, got my own place, and started law school. Now, looking back on my first year of law school, it's flown by, but it also seems like it's been a long time (if that makes any sense).

But I am so excited because tomorrow I get to go to one of my favorite places in the world: Lexington, Virginia! I am going to Washington and Lee to visit some sweet college friends who will be graduating soon, and I can't wait to go back. After spending four years there, it feels so strange that I haven't been there at all in almost a year (I was there for a quick trip last July, so I have been there once since graduation). I thought I was going to miss college a ton, and I do miss it, but I'm really happy with where I am now, so I don't typically find myself wishing I was still at Washington and Lee. On May 26th, it will officially be a year since I graduated--a year of the proverbial "real world" and of being on my own. Depending on when you ask me, I would say that year has been exciting, scary, frustrating, and great.

Can't wait to walk down memory lane a bit and see old friends this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?