Saturday, March 9, 2013

New Recipes to Try

Sometimes I just need a quiet night to relax at home, and tonight is one of those nights. So I'm firing up my oven and having a major cooking session, interspersed with worship music and some episodes of Friends. I'm making most of my meals for the week right now so that's one less thing I have to worry about. Here's what I'm whipping up in my kitchen for the next few days:
  • Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai with Chicken
  • Lemon-butter salmon with mashed sweet potatoes, brown rice, and broccoli (this one's really easy: wrap fresh salmon up in tinfoil with lemon juice, some butter, and salt and pepper to taste, and cook at 350 for 20-25 minutes. This is so healthy and so easy to make, it's on my rotation almost every week).
  • the filling for some chicken wraps: shredded chicken, kale, onions, dried cranberries, and feta, wrapped in a whole-wheat tortilla and dipped in salsa
  • some roasted corn and homemade guacamole to put into burritos
  • Brie cheese was on special today, so I'm making some single-serving desserts of brie with honey and brown sugar wrapped up in phyllo dough. So good!
I'm on a kick with eating more "superfoods" like the ones on this list. Not every list is the same, but most of them include the same nutritional superstars like blueberries, salmon, oatmeal, green tea, spinach, Greek yogurt, etc. These foods can help lower cholesterol and blood pressure, protect your heart, supply much-needed vitamins, prevent cancer, etc., so I'm trying to eat at least one at every single meal.

Here's how my pad thai turned out:





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?